Monday, February 4, 2013

35 weeks



I had been waiting to take my weekly picture because I have had no energy into making myself look nice.  I finally caved tonight and took it anyways. I think of it as a reminder of how the end of pregnancy feels, haha.  Then Liam wanted his photo taken too!

How far along? 35 Weeks 1 Day
Total weight gain/loss: 142 lbs -- +22 lbs total

I'm blaming the 4 IV bags of fluid I got in Labor and Delivery this week.... As long as I have something to blame.
Maternity clothes? Maternity clothes.
Belly Measurement: 40 in -- +8 in

HB: 145 BPM
Stretch marks? On Friday, I started getting a little irritation on the underside of my belly.  I have been trying not to scratch it but woke up Friday night to myself itching it like crazy.  Sadly, I may have caused a stretch mark there now!
Sleep: Still waking up to heartburn.  My OB recommended Mylanta which has helped me get right back to sleep after I take some.
Best moment this week? Not having this baby! Shawn and I got a really bad stomach flu that hit on Wednesday.  I got so dehydrated that I went into the Labor and Delivery unit at 2am on Thursday.  I got there and they hooked me up to the contraction monitor and saw I was having contractions every 3 minutes! I was so sick that I hadn't realized.  They started getting IV fluids in me in hopes that it would stop the contractions. By the time I started my third bag of fluids, they still weren't stopping so I had to get a shot of Terbutaline.  That stuff is rough! I felt jittery, hot and my heart was beating fast.  Thankfully, it was enough to stop the contractions.  I had to stay until 8pm because Carter's heart rate was staying a little higher than they liked so I had to get more fluids through my IV and drink what I could.  I was so happy when I got home that night to be with my guys again and to lay on my comfy couch!
Miss Anything? Sleeping without waking to acid pouring up my throat.
Movement: Kicking and squirming around.
Food cravings: No real food cravings this week thanks to the stomach flu!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Smells here and there.
Have you started to show yet: For Sure!
Gender: BOY!!
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks more regularly.  Shawn, Liam and I went to Target on Saturday to get some Super Bowl snacks and I started having contractions while walking around.  We finished our shopping after that and I got put on "bed rest" by Shawn. 
Symptoms: Still Fatigue and fire breathing heartburn
Belly Button in or out? It's pushing it's way out but the bottom is still flat.
Wedding rings on or off? On still!
Weekly Wisdom: Take it easy and keep baking that baby!

Looking forward to: This baby being here! I don't want him here yet because he still needs to stay in and keep growing but I'm ready to fast forward a couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment